The record player case is now modified for the radio and the main PCB is fitted. I have also made the power and antenna connections. I recommend using miniature coax for the antenna connections unless the connection is very short. I used a surplus length of RG316, but RG174 would also be fine. The radio will have the option of being powered by ten AA size high capacity NiMH cells. I ruled out using a sealed lead acid battery due to weight and environmental concerns. I considered using a lithium ion battery but also ruled it out due to cost and potential safety issues.
I have been cutting the front panel for the controls, sockets, display and ventilation. For marking out I always cover the metal panel with masking tape and mark it with a pen or pencil. The masking tape also protects the panel from damage if the panel does not already have a plastic film across it.
To be continued.
Disclaimer: This is my personal blog. Views expressed in my posts are my own and not of my employer. The information provided comes with no warranty. I cannot be held responsible for the content of external websites. Any practical work you undertake is done at your own risk. Please make health and safety your number one priority.
Post a Comment